Translate

Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Jamaican Dancehall Party Playlist

Playlist for dancehall party for kids and general audiences
Fresh Air Dancehall Party Playlist

My experience at a recent event motivated me to compile a listing of  international Dancehall chart and crossover hits that showcase the very highest standards of the genre, and that is good for playing for general audiences.

Through my creative outlet, YA Readers Hangout, I have put together the Fresh Air Party Playlist that is created for use in a general public setting. It has a total of 27 international Jamaican Dancehall artistes on a track list of 35 songs across 23 original riddims and international collaborations covering more than two hours of high energy music that keeps the atmosphere lively and the dance floor moving. 

The lyrics on the tracks mostly cover the theme of optimism and enjoyment of life with friends, with self-respect and romance as broader issues. They do not brood on violence or thoughts of self harm or intense heartache or otherwise linger on adult themes such as those that happen within intimate relationships.  

It is my desire that disc jockeys display their passion for the music by also playing with a sense of occasion. 

The joyful list is set out below and is a playlist on Youtube.







YA READERS HANGOUT
FRESH AIR DANCEHALL PARTY PLAYLIST
ARTISTE
TRACK
RIDDIM
Buju Banton
Feat
Nadine Sutherland
Action
Action
Beenie Man
Sim Simma
Playground
Sean Paul
No Lie 
Bilando
Cheap Thrills
Rockabye

Wayne Wonder
No Letting go
Bounce Along
Diwali
Mr Vegas
My Jam
Various riddims including
Murder She Wrote
TOK
Top-a-Toppa
Diwali
Elephant Man
Elephant Message
Pon di River
Ski
Diwali
Like Glue
Day Rave
car-tell 
Summertime 
Clarks
Overproof
Demarco
Love My Life

Chris Martin
Big Deal
Intoxxicated
Nesbeth
My Dream
My Dream
Chi Ching Ching
Way Up Stay Up
Watchi Wiya
Happy Hour
Watchi Wiya










Mavado
Up Like 7
Money Can’t Buy Life
Wrangla
Life Support
I-Octane
Hurt by Friends
Intoxxicated
Shabba Ranks
Trailer Load of Gyal
Trailer Load
Diana King
Shy Guy
Penthouse
Snow
feat
Nadine
Sutherland
I Will Do
Anything for You
Anything for You
Alaine
What A Lot of Love
Cardiac Keys
Damian Marley
feat
Bobby Brown
Beautiful

Bounty Killa and Baby Cham
Another Level
Bugg Riddim
QQ
Skip to My Lou
Giants
Popcaan
Party Shot,
Everything Nice
Smudge Riddim
Everything Nice
Dexta Daps
I'm Blessed 
Happy Life Riddim
Don Andre
Tom Cruise
Ding Dong
Holiday
Holiday